Authorization Agreement For Nonparent Relative Or Voluntary Caregiver Texas

NOTE: The law was amended on September 1, 2017. The new law allows any adult reference person to have the right to temporarily provide an authorization agreement form to a child. See House Bill 871. Until now, an authorisation agreement could only be issued to the child`s grandparents, the child`s aunt or uncle, the child`s adult siblings or any other voluntary reference person of the child (if the child is placed with the reference person under a parental child safety agreement (CPS). Read the Non-Parental Authorization Agreements Act here: Texas Family Code Chapter 34. An authorization agreement for non-parents or voluntary guardians (“authorization agreement” for the little ones) authorizes the non-parental party: an authorization agreement does not allow the non-parental party to accept an abortion or an emergency agreement for the child. If you haven`t yet obtained written permission from your parents, Texas Family Code Chapter 35 has created a way to seek that permission from the court. Talk to a lawyer if you want someone other than the non-parents mentioned above to take care of your child and make decisions. Any adult reference person may be allowed to make decisions for a child using the authorization agreement form for non-family or voluntary guardians. See Texas Family Code, section 34.0015.

At least one parent and the non-parental party must sign the authorization agreement form. If you are the non-parental party and are concerned that the parent (or parents) is resiliating the authorization agreement, you should consider a custody order. You can find information, instructions and forms here: I need a SAPCR (Custody) order. I am not the child`s parent. Talk to a lawyer if you have any questions or need advice. Yes. If you are the parent, you may withdraw or terminate an authorization agreement in writing at any time. See Texas Family Code Chapter 34.008. However, if you leave your child with a parent for a long time, it can affect your rights as a parent.

Talk to a lawyer before signing an authorization agreement. A parent can sign an “authorization agreement” form to give a close relative or licensed non-romance the power to care for and make decisions for a child. Unlike a court order, an authorization agreement can be terminated at any time by the parent. LINK TO THE FORM HERE. And if a parent who has not signed the authorization agreement does not have court-ordered access or access, you do not need to send a copy of the agreement to the non-signatory parent if one of the following applies: The authorization contract applies (remains valid) until you terminate it in writing or until the expiration date you wrote on the form. If you activate the corresponding box on the form, the authorisation agreement form may remain effective after your incapacity for work or death. It`s important! Talk to a lawyer in case of violence or if you are concerned that a non-signatory parent has a copy of the authorization agreement form. Call the Family Violence Legal Line at (800) 374-4673 for free advice.

If you are not on the list of people who may be allowed to make decisions for a child through an authorization agreement, you should consider: Note: You do not need to send a copy of the authorization contract form to a parent whose parental rights have ended. Yes. You must send the other parent, within 10 days of signing the form, a copy of the signed authorization agreement form. Be sure to send the signed form by registered mail (or, if applicable, international registered letter) and by post. The authorization agreement form contains a more specific list of allowed actions. Get the form here. . The authorization agreement for non-pedian relatives or volunteer assistants is available on the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Form Bank website. If the child is the subject of legal proceedings after signing the authorization agreement form, the judge decides whether the form remains in force. . . .