Ballarat Health Services Enterprise Agreement

The Department will not consider any cases of review of the funding of the enterprise agreement, unless the public hospital or public health department has clearly and fully identified the nature and relevance of the costs considered “unfunded”. In addition, the public hospital or public health must demonstrate that it has identified and applied all available sources of funding and revenues that could help cover the costs involved. The proposed new enterprise agreements provide for four annual wage increases of 3% for the first full salary periods, which will begin on January 1, 2018, January 1, 2019, January 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021. An additional salary increase of 6% is also due from the first full pay period from or after 1 January 2018, so that the overall wage increase of 9% must be paid from that date. Public hospitals and health services will be funded by the Budget Payment System (BPS) as part of the payment on 10 April 2018. Users of the Healthcollect portal can view the details of this payment through the portal. While each Victorian public health service is a full-fledged employer, many groups of workers (for example. B Nurses and midwives or doctors) have negotiations on businesses across the country, with the support of the Victorian hospital industry with the relevant unions. Other payments or changes should not be made or taken effect until the new enterprise agreements are approved by the Fair Work Commission and officially come into force.

This includes the corresponding payments under each of the new enterprise agreements (for more information on these payments, see Appendix 3). The department provides only an indexation of government funding. In addition, public hospitals and health services are reminded that the ministry does not fund 100% of their activities. Public hospitals and health services generally have other sources of income, including, but not only, Commonwealth funding and grants (e.g. B the financing of hospital beds for households), income from private practices and income from activities (including pathology and radiology). Public hospitals and health services are expected to provide funds from these other sources to support, if necessary, the costs of business agreement.